Sunday, January 13, 2008

One of my dirty little secrets

I am so happy that I have this secret little pink place to put all my secrets--good and bad. What I'm about to tell you, I've never shared with anyone. It isn't really too terrible, but it just makes me feel stupid and like a bad wife all the same.

Okay here goes *deep breath*: I totally have a lame crush on my husband's sister's husband (brother-in-law by marriage). I am totally happily married and would NEVER act on it--we've been married for a few years and I still think my husband is totally handsome and wonderful and am totally attracted to him. However, there is just something--personality, maybe?--that my brother-in-law has that makes me think "Grr baby" whenever I'm around him. It's just so funny because he's so not what you'd think of as technically attractive (balding, with a little belly from over-indulging over the past couple of months) whereas my husband would fit the bill (tall dark and handsome with a full head of hair). I think my husband would just laugh if I ever told him, but he has a bad habit of letting things slip when he's not supposed to and I don't even want to imagine the fallout from a slip like that. I don't think my brother-in-law has any idea (and hopefully won't ever) and as far as I know, he's totally happy being married to my sister-in-law.

I feel like a total adolescent actually admitting this, but hopefully *anonymously* sharing this will help make it go away more quickly, 'cause I spend quite a bit of time at their house.

6 comments:

Constance 14 said...

hee hee. secret little crushes are mostly harmless, I think. Surely we all have one, yes? or have had? Mine is my hubby's fraternity brother (he's happily married, as I am). And he's SO unlike anyone I would ever be with! But there's just something about him... maybe he's just a good flirt. I'm like you, I hope the crush goes away.

Constance the Thirteenth said...

I think that everyone has that secret crush that doesn't seem to make any sense at all. I think that the fact that it is someone totally different that what you are normally attracted to is part of the draw.

Constance the Pink said...

I've had those crushes before too. I think it's perfectly normal. Slighly funny, but completely normal!

constance the eleventh said...

When I was in high school I had a crush on my uncle.

And now I sort of have a little crush on one of my husband's friends.

It's kind of fun, as long as you don't do anything about it. :)

And isn't it funny how you can have a total crush on somebody that you don't even think is that attractive? Sex appeal is a funny thing.

C to the G said...

Girl, we all have little off-the-wall secret crushes and it's TOTALLY OK! (I don't think your crush is off the wall, by the way).

We are women and we have hormones. Blame it on their pheromones, whatever, but it's got me totally hot on the tails of a certain guy that I have no reasonable explanation for my attraction to because most of the time he's an annoying little shit.

Except the fact that it's been a long time if you know what I mean. *wink*

ConstanceTheSeventySixth said...

I have a hot crush on a 2 of my friends husbands. Just one of them hum-a-nah hum-a-nah type things. They are total eye candy.